overhang n : projection that extends beyond or hangs over something else
1 project over
2 be suspended over or hang over; "This huge rock beetles over the edge of the town" [syn: beetle] [also: overhung]
- Dutch: overhangen
- The volume that tips the balance between the demand and the supply toward demand lagging supply.
- That portion of the roof structure that extends beyond the exterior walls of a building.
Overhang may refer to:
- Debt overhang, a fiscal situation of a government
- Market overhang, a concept in marketing
- Monetary overhang, a phenomenon where people have money holdings due to the lack of ability to spend them
- Overhang seat, a constituency seat in excess of a party's entitlement
- Overhang is a term used for the part of a car's length that is outside of the wheelbase.
overhang in Dutch: Overhang
approach, arch over, await, be imminent, be in store, beetle, beetling, bestraddle, bestride, brew, bridge, bulge, come on, confront, draw near, draw nigh, draw on, extend out, extend over, extension, face, forthcome, gather, hang out, hang over, hover, imbricate, impend, impend over, impendence, impendency, imperil, jut, jut out, jutting, lap, lap over, lean over, ledge, lie over, loom, lower, menace, near, overarch, overhanging, overlap, overlie, override, poke, pouch, pout, project, project over, projection, protrude, protrusion, shingle, span, stand out, stick out, threaten, thrust over